Yunnan Travel Tips
Search for a Tour
  • Kunming
  • Dali
  • Lijiang
  • Shangrila
  • Yuanyang
  • Jinghong
  • Beijing
  • Xian
  • Shanghai
  • Guilin
  • Chengdu
  • Guangzhou
Start City
Search for a Tour
Wechat: Adventure-China
Have a question? Ask us here
Yunnan Tour Feedbacks
China Family Reunion Visa (Q)

This visa type came along with the promulgation of the Administrative Regulations of the PRC on Entry and Exit of foreigners on July 12, 2013, which was implemented as of September 1, 2013. Overseas Chinese can expect to benefit from the change when they return to China for family reunions. Depending upon the duration of stay and applicants' classification, the Q visa is further divided into two subclasses: Q1 and Q2.

Q1 is issued to relatives of Chinese citizens applying to enter and reside in China for purposes of family reunion, and to those who apply for family reunion of foreigners with Permanent Residency in China, as well as to persons applying to enter and reside in China for foster care, adoption and other reasons; Q2 is issued to relatives of Chinese citizens or foreigners with permanent residence in China for a short period of stay (less than 6 months).

Q1 is generally issued with a single entry and 30 days, and the holders must apply for Temporary Residence Permitwithin 30 days after entry. The residence permit can be granted for a minimum of 90 days and a maximum of 5 years. So, holders can exit and reenter freely during the validity of the residence permit. Q2 is flexible from 30 to 180 days, allows single, double, or multiple entries, and the holders can stay in China within the duration period as indicated on visa.

1. Original passport valid for more than 6 months and a copy of the information page.
2. Application Form with a recent color passport-sized photo glued to or stapled on.
3. For family reunion, invitation letter from a family member residing in China who is either a Chinese citizen or a foreigner with a Chinese permanent residence permit. The invitation letter should contain:
  a. Information on the applicant (full name, gender, date of birth, etc.)
  b. Information on the visit ( purpose of visit, intended arrival date, place(s) of intended residence, intended duration of residence, arrival and departure dates, relation of the applicant to the inviting entity or individual, and financial source for expenditures)
  c. Information on the inviting individual (name, contact number, address, official stamp, signature of the inviting individual, etc.)
4. Proof of family relationship (original and copy) such as Birth Certificate or Marriage Certificate, etc. (this is required for Q1 application only)
5. Photocopy of the Chinese ID of the inviting individual or foreign passport and permanent residence permit.

If the applicant’s purpose of visit to China is for fosterage, adoption or other reasons, the following documents are required:
  a. Foster entrustment notarization issued by Chinese Embassies/Consulates General in foreign countries or Foster Care Power of Attorney notarized and authenticated in the country of residence or in China.
  b. Original and photocopy of the consignor's passport(s), as well as the original and photocopy of certification (marriage certificate, birth certificate, certification of kinship issued by Public Security Bureau or notarized certification of kinship) notarized and authenticated certification showing the relationship between parents or guardians and children.
  c. A letter of consent for foster care issued by the trustee living in China who has agreed to provide foster care services and a photocopy of the ID of the trustee.
  d. A photocopy of the certificate indicating the permanent residence status abroad of the parent(s) when the child was born provided that either or both parents of the child are Chinese citizens.

How to Apply
Applicants should go to the Chinese embassy, consulates or Chinese Visa Application Service Center (CVASC) wherever available for application either in person or by someone else or agent entrusted. Most Chinese embassies and consulates do not accept applications by mail. CVASC in some countries/regions provide service for applications by post, but of course an extra service fee will be charged. Besides, please check the website of above diplomatic missions in advance to see if appointment is required.

Processing Time
Normal processing takes about 4 working days. The applicant should apply one month prior to the intended travel. In case Express/Urgent Processing is approved by the Chinese embassy or the consulate-generals, the applicant should pay extra fee accordingly. Note: From July 5, 2012, express service had been suspended for the passport holders of the following countries: Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, Austria, Czech, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, and France.

Visa Fees
The fee is the same as the fee for other types of Chinese visa. Generally, fees vary according to nationalities, and numbers of entry. But for US passport holders, the fee will be charged as US$ 140 regardless of visa types.

Top Yunnan Tours
Yunnan Attractions | Yunnan Festivals | Yunnan Hotels | Yunnan Pictures | Travel News | Yunnan Birding Tours | Yunnan Flowers Tours | Yunnan Golf | Maps of Yunnan | Why Yunnan | Feedback | FAQ | West China Tours


You will only receive emails that you permitted upon submission and your email address will never be shared with any third parties without your express permission.

CONTACT US          ↑TOP
Emergency Call:0086-13529022630
Skype: Adventure-China
Lifang Building-B, Xianggeli Avenue, Gucheng District, Lijiang, Yunnan, China 674100
Copyright © 2015-2018 All Rights Reserved.
Follow us on: